Post by EWA Official on Jul 22, 2020 20:43:29 GMT
July 22nd, 2020
This is EWA Wrestleline. The only official news and rumors of the E-Wrestling Alliance, reported and verified by EWA insiders. The stories here are broke down into two categories. News, which has gotten official confirmation and comment from the EWA Headquarters in San Diego, CA and Rumors, which have been told to us by those with inside EWA knowledge, but has not been commented on publicly by the company.
- Officials backstage were said to be a bit miffed by Jeremy Wyatt's "title defense" this past week on SLAM. Wyatt has largely used the Television Championship to bolster his own resume while not necessarily facing top caliber opponents. Wyatt is said to be appearing again this week on SLAM in Coralville, Iowa but it's not clear if he has another defense planned.
Pictured: Richard Justice
- Speaking of last week's TV Title match, the challenger in that bout, security guard turned wrestler, Officer Richard Justice was said to be a bit banged up after the bout. EWA officials were impressed with his enthusiasm however. Justice was quoted as saying, "As bad as the bruises are, it's my heart that's broken."
- It was reported a couple of weeks ago that Red, White & Bruised was a history making event because every title changed hands. That was nullified on this past week's episode of SLAM when the Women's Championship was returned to Aliyah after General Manager Harry Smith reversed the decision of that bout due to the outside interference on behalf of Toni Storm. Aliyah's attack on Storm on SLAM was said to not have went over well with Smith, but given Toni Storm's antics in the past year some viewed it as a "just deserts".
- Part of the reason that Storm ended up suspended as well as stripped of the title is due to the fact that officials found out that Toni Storm not only benefited from the cheating of Hikaru Shida, but that Storm actually planned the attack. It seems that Storm's "nice girl" act may have been a rouse.
- Dean Malenko got praise this week for stepping up as part of the EWA's officials. Malenko was in hot water early on in his tenure for helping the career of Toni Storm unfairly, but since moving away from the women's division has improved greatly in his role. EWA's crew of agents and officials currently includes Dean Malenko, Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson (The Rock-n-Roll Express) and Tully Blanchard.
- On the subject of "official" it's now been signed and made official, the Honky Tonk Man will challenge for the EWA World Championship at the next pay-per-view scheduled for August 2, 2020 from the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis, Tennessee. That event is now titled, "8 Miles From Graceland" which is approximately how far the arena is from the King of Rock-n-Roll's estate.
EWA's next pay-per-view event
- Daffney was scheduled to make her return this past week on SLAM, but the mysterious goth woman who has been referred to at times as the Zombie Queen, proved to be just as elusive as ever, surprising officials and saying she would return when she wanted and on her time. Most believe she will indeed appear this week and blame a scheduling conflict for last week's mixup, but with Daffney, one never knows for certain.
- The EWA schedule has been updated through Summer Stampede which takes place on August 30th. You can check the full schedule right here.
- A whole bunch of wrestlers are set to get released next week if we don't hear from them soon. Sadly, Buff Bagwell isn't one.
- National Champion Hacksaw Jim Duggan accidentally sat down on a rare Pablo Picasso sculpture and broke part of it during a recent visit to the Hyde Historic House & Art Museum in Glens Falls, New York. Duggan was quoted as saying, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO".
Pictured: Ricky Landell as Zack Morris
- If you've been wondering the whereabouts of former EWA Hardcore Champion Ricky Landell, he was recently cast as Zack Morris in the new off Broadway "Saved By The Bell" musical.
- The Dark Order was recently seen in catering. No word on if they were eating or preparing food.
- Colt Cabana's previously never mentioned dog, Sir Scruffles the Third, was recently elected to the town council of Colma, California. Colma, California has been nicknamed "The City of Souls" and Scruffles is believed to be the latest soul sold out to the corrupt world of politics.
- Byron Saxton has denied rumors that he is a werewolf.
- This just in, apparently Evil Uno of the Dark Order was in fact eating in catering. Though it's not confirmed if he was supposed to be eating, but bystanders said he's "always eating".
- Former EWA superstar Doink The Clown has started a new line of cosmetic products, with a new secret ingredient, SMILEX! With Doink brand, he gets a grin, again and again. That luscious tan. Those ruby lips. And hair color, so natural, only your undertaker knows for sure. I know what you're saying... Where can I get these fine new items? Well that's the gag... "Chances are, you bought them already HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAH!"
- The secret of life, is to live.