Post by EWA Official on Jul 17, 2020 19:35:01 GMT
July 17th, 2020
This is EWA Wrestleline. The only official news and rumors of the E-Wrestling Alliance, reported and verified by EWA insiders. The stories here are broke down into two categories. News, which has gotten official confirmation and comment from the EWA Headquarters in San Diego, CA and Rumors, which have been told to us by those with inside EWA knowledge, but has not been commented on publicly by the company.
- Aliyah's new manager/attorney Robert Stone has been hassling EWA officials for the past week to review the finish of the Women's Championship bout at Red, White & Bruised which saw Hikaru Shida hit Aliyah illegally with a kendo stick leading to Toni Storm's pinfall.
- Negotiations with several different superstars have been ongoing about upcoming title matches. Apparently there have been a major shuffling of cards as it relates to contenders and there could be several title matches booked in the weeks ahead.
- A former EWA World Champion is said to be very close to returning to the company.
- Officials were said to be impressed with both Bayley and Alicia Fox this past week on SLAM. Their "main event" slot was no mistake, as both women delivered inside the ring as well as in the promos leading up to their bout.
- UltraMantis Black is set to return to action this week after a few weeks off. Black has been highly scouted by many different independent feds, but is said to be committed to the EWA and will have his hands full against One-Eye Lorcan.
- Newly crowned Television Champion Jeremy Wyatt defended his title this past week on SLAM and claims he will defend it again this week. Last time he faced a rather "easy" opponent but for this week's broadcast he has claimed he will fight an outside talent, not an EWA contractually obligated wrestler. This should prove interesting.
- Many officials backstage are said to be concerned about the condition of Kelly Klein. She has disappeared after a few weeks of being dismissed by members of the roster. There is concern about her mental state and potential backlash against "EWA bullying".
- Believe it or not, a very unlikely superstar was in line for a main event push. After working his butt off in a variety of matches the past few months, this star was offered a major title match but eventually decided against rising up the card and felt more comfortable with the "status quo". EWA officials were somewhat dismayed but respected the talent's desires to remain where they are.
- Next weekend is the Sadie Hawkins dance where the girls ask the boys!
- Bobby Salsa recently won a pasta eating contest and received tickets to an EWA Sunday Night SLAM taping and an old jacket.
- If you've been wondering the whereabouts of former EWA Iron Man Champion Mike Knox, he now lives in Calabash, North Carolina the "Seafood Capital of the World" where he is a successful vacuum cleaner salesman.
- Speaking of names you may have forgot, let's take a moment to highlight the "Dark Order" who signed with the EWA at Mayhem in Miami and have since done the following:
1. Signed with EWA at Mayhem in Miami
- Colt Cabana's previously never mentioned second cousin Dr. Fred Johnson recently lost his medical license after performing a botched illegal height reassignment surgery.
- Former EWA superstar Ken Anderson is now the official spokesman for Canderson Canned Ham. Anderson is said be a huge fan of canned pork products. Apparently Anderson was a popular wrestler in Denmark and this is considered the finest canned meat product in Denmark so the partnership was said to be a "natural fit".
- I'm still eating leftover Easter candy and it's good.