Post by EWA Official on Jul 10, 2020 20:09:30 GMT
July 10th, 2020
This is EWA Wrestleline. The only official news and rumors of the E-Wrestling Alliance, reported and verified by EWA insiders. The stories here are broke down into two categories. News, which has gotten official confirmation and comment from the EWA Headquarters in San Diego, CA and Rumors, which have been told to us by those with inside EWA knowledge, but has not been commented on publicly by the company.
- With Red, White & Bruised in the rear view, EWA has plans to announce the next pay-per-view soon. The venue, name and location are all under consideration at the moment, with several unique ideas being discussed.
- A lot of eyes are on this Sunday's upcoming "Loser Leaves Town" match, with EWA officials saying this could be "make or break" for some of the participants. Given the stakes of the match, that should be a given.
- This past Sunday every EWA championship changed hands. While some viewed this as a "changing of the guard" most EWA officials believed this was just simply a matter of a lot of tough challengers facing champions who had been overcoming the odds. Eventually the odds would not be in their favor and it just happened to all converge at the same time.
- Every title changing hands at a pay-per-view has happened in the past, but not in quite some time. Even this year's SuperBrawl saw Honky Tonk Man retain his championship while everyone else lost their gold. Red, White & Bruised was definitely historic in this regard.
- Killer Kross has undergone a name change and will now be known as Karrion Kross. No word on if he will "re-debut".
- Byron Saxton is said to have fit in well backstage and is already taking on several responsibilities beyond just basic interviewer.
- Newly crowned Television Champion Jeremy Wyatt has promised to defend his title each and every week on SLAM for the foreseeable future. This is not entirely uncommon, as several of the first TV champions tried to uphold such a schedule. But as with many things with Wyatt, the jury is out whether he will hold to his word.
- Although it was not clear in the broadcast, the Referee in the Women's Championship match this past Sunday did not see Hikaru Shida hit former champion Aliyah with the kendo stick. He apparently suspected foul play but couldn't conclude anything which is why he let the pinfall stand. No word yet on if officials feel the same way.
- Asuka is said to be "chomping at the bit" to get back into an EWA ring after her big victory over Carmella a little over a month ago. The Japanese superstar is said to be disappointed that she hasn't gotten much attention and apparently has her eyes set on newly crowned champion, Toni Storm.
- A local bakery has sponsored an EWA eating contest. Contestants must eat 60 pounds of pasta in 15 minutes. Winners will receive tickets to an upcoming SLAM taping as well as an old Val Venis windbreaker.
- Former EWA Tag Champion Disco Machine is now working in Las Vegas as Slot Machine.
- We reported last time on Big Show's height reassignment surgery. Unfortunately there was said to be "major complications" and the surgery while successful in shortening the former giant, was also apparently catastrophic in the size reduction, resulting in Big (E) Show measuring just over 3 feet tall. He is said to quite distraught and looking into options to increase his size.
- Apparently there was quite the scuttlebutt at the maximum security prison where the bWo is currently serving their sentence. The bWo's legal counsel, Dewey, Cheatum & Howe tried to get the members out of prison on a "blue lives matter" petition, but instead got an additional 3 years added to each man's life sentence for racial incompetence and general malfeasance.
- Colt Cabana's other previously never mentioned twin brother Jolt Cabana has qualified for this year's Jamaican Olympic bobsled team. Unfortunately this year's 2020 Olympic games have been canceled.
- Mark Henry's new "World's Strongest Mashed Potatoes" are now an official EWA sponsor. The former EWA superstar was asked how he got into the instant mashed potato business and was quoted as saying "That's what I do!"
- Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn’t mean the circus has left town.