Post by EWA Official on Jul 1, 2020 22:41:28 GMT
July 1st, 2020
This is EWA Wrestleline. The only official news and rumors of the E-Wrestling Alliance, reported and verified by EWA insiders. The stories here are broke down into two categories. News, which has gotten official confirmation and comment from the EWA Headquarters in San Diego, CA and Rumors, which have been told to us by those with inside EWA knowledge, but has not been commented on publicly by the company.
- Red, White & Bruised, the annual EWA "patriotic" event will take place this Sunday from the Pechanga Arena in San Diego, California. Tickets have been sold out for weeks. San Diego is of course, the home base of the E-Wrestling Alliance and is no stranger to events as the E-Arena typically holds at least one EWA event per month.
- Red, White & Bruised features 8 big matches, but another 3 bouts were under heavy consideration. Two of those matches were seconds away from being signed before it was decided to showcase those somewhere else.
- On the topic of upcoming matches, Bayley will take on Alicia Fox on the first SLAM after the pay-per-view this weekend. More details are on their way in regards to the July/August schedule.
- Daffney made her return this past weekend on SLAM, while Dana Brooke was recently signed to a contract. The EWA continues to beef up it's women's division with such signings. Brooke was apparently brought in under a deal with Kenny Omega and the pair are said to be really excited to make the best of their EWA tenure.
- Several new content pieces are in the works, including more podcasts, articles and news.
- Pineapple Pete was said to have impressed officials in his bout with Keith Lee. No word yet on if he will continue to be used as an enhancement talent moving forward, but he was apparently well liked backstage.
- The Rock-n-Roll Express, who have largely taken over the booking of the tag team division are said to be excited for this Sunday's multi-team ladder match. The veteran duo believe this may be the "kick in the pants" that the division needs.
- Bill Goldberg is said to be close to finished with the EWA after the star failed to live up to the hype. His loss to National Title contender Hacksaw Jim Duggan was said to have really broken Goldberg's spirits. Although some believe this is a rouse to lull Duggan into a false sense of security.
- The owner of the metallic blue 1966 El Camino left his lights on at last Sunday's SLAM. If that's your car, your battery is probably dead.
- Former EWA wrestler/lawn ornament Big Show/Show E is scheduled to undergo height reassignment surgery this weekend. He was quoted as saying, "I just want to be normal". EWA would like to wish the Big Show the best of luck in his transition.
- Rumors are circulating that the "Dark Order" are up to something. Exactly what, has not been disclosed, but some believe it may be part of a "Dirty Dick Slater Creamy Peanut Butter" guerrilla marketing campaign.
- Colt Cabana's previously never mentioned twin brother Dolt Cabana passed away this weekend in a tragic blender accident. EWA would like to send the Cabana family its condolences.
- Former EWA wrestler Scotty 2 Hotty has been promoted to night shift manager at the Burger King on Pulaski Blvd in Toms River, New Jersey.
- Manager of the "Flying Fatus" Rikishi Fatu hasn't appeared on EWA television in recent weeks because he has been trying to get onto the ABC product pitch show, Shark Tank. Rikishi is apparently trying to brand his own fruit roll up company, "Fruit by the Fatu"
- If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?