Post by EWA Official on Jun 24, 2020 21:17:53 GMT
June 24th, 2020
This is EWA Wrestleline. The only official news and rumors of the E-Wrestling Alliance, reported and verified by EWA insiders. The stories here are broke down into two categories. News, which has gotten official confirmation and comment from the EWA Headquarters in San Diego, CA and Rumors, which have been told to us by those with inside EWA knowledge, but has not been commented on publicly by the company.
- More and more talented female wrestlers have been added to the roster, including Lacey Von Erich, Bayley and Alicia Fox. Rumors are circulating that another former EWA Women's Champion is also on her way back to the EWA to add even more talent to an already competitive field.
- As new talent has been added, some older talent is likely to be phased out in the upcoming weeks. That doesn't necessarily mean older as in age, either.
- Sabu who was last seen with Abdullah the Butcher has also been released from his contract after Abdullah retired.
- Sasha Banks is said to be close to 100% after taking some time off for injury. She competed in her first match in many months this past week on Fury.
- Right now there are no plans for any future Fury broadcasts. This has nothing to do with the content of Fury itself or the amount of available talent to compete on the show. EWA's travel schedule has just made producing Fury a logistical challenge. The return of Fury in May was only ever originally scheduled for that month as a special event series, but EWA produced a couple of extra episodes in June as bonus web content.
- EWA is proud to announce that Byron Saxton has been hired to be a part of the backstage interview crew, joining Renee Young and the always busy Todd Grisham. Saxton has experience in wrestling as well as close to a decade in news journalism. He will begin work this upcoming Sunday, June 28 on SLAM.
- Red, White & Bruised is slowly taking shape, with one more week before the big pay-per-view. RWB is one of the cornerstone supercard events for EWA and typically kicks off the "summer season" for the company.
- There has been some shakeups to officials in the E-Wrestling Alliance, with a couple of veterans being promoted to high profile positions. This includes match making and decision making. It's believed this will help keep EWA running smoothly for years to come.
- Speaking of schedules, EWA has produced 31 events this calendar year. Considering that there is only 52 weeks in a year and a little over 5 months left in 2020 it's been a very productive few months.
- Vegas betting markets currently have Kevin Costner as a 10-1 odds as becoming the eventual BOdyguard of Bo Dallas.
- Former EWA wrestler Gregory Iron has teamed up with a businessman in Glasgow to produce sock puppets for men with tiny hands.
- Rumors are circulating that the Infinite Energy Arena in Duluth, Georgia where this Sunday's SLAM is scheduled to take place, is haunted by Rocco Rock. This comes after rumors that last week's arena was haunted by Johnny Grunge.
- Al Snow was spotted in a piece of toast by a woman in Toad Suck, Arkansas.
- “Choosy Moms choose Jif” but Booker T chooses Dirty Dick Slater's Creamy Peanut Butter... It's ROUGH and ready! Available at 6 finer retail locations in the Florida panhandle.
- Everything that's ever happened, happened before now.